Student News for Pingree School in South Hamilton, MA

The Highlander

The Highlander

The Highlander

Capturing the Highlanders

A behind-the-scenes look at a student-run athletics videography account

If you find yourself at a Pingree football, soccer, or hockey game, to name a few, you may notice a certain junior diligently filming the action from every angle he can. Fast forward to the next few days, and you’ll no doubt find on Instagram a dynamic edit getting shared, reposted, and commented on. Andrew Rosenthal has run the EggoVisuals account since February 2023 and continues to make and post videos today. I had the chance to sit down with Andrew and ask him a few questions about his filming and editing journey, as well as where he hopes to go moving forward.

The following interview has been edited for clarity.

Q: So Andrew: You run EggoVisuals, arguably the best video account by a Pingree student. How’d you get started with making these videos?

A: I’ve had a history in the past of dabbling in the whole content creation/editing business. Back in 2021, I used to be an editor for NBA2k [a video game], so through that I kind of made a lot of videos for other people and videos for myself, and I had to edit them. Yeah, and then I took inspiration from a lot of other people coming to Pingree and filming games, and I felt like I could be good at this. So that’s kind of how it started.

Q: Nice. So say there’s a football game on Saturday and it’s Thursday night. What do you do to prepare?

A: It’s everything you would think. You need to have a battery for your camera, a battery for all the technology. I won’t always know if I’m going to be at something, but just in case I’ll have my battery charged; it does take a while to charge. It’s not a rigorous process or anything like that; there aren’t too many components to it.

Q: What’s been your favorite part of running EggoVisuals so far?

A: I know a lot of people would think the money, but I love what I do, you know? I feel like it’s really brought out my creative side, and before I really wouldn’t have anything to do on a lot of days, I’d find myself just sitting at home. But now, I’ve really had the opportunity to get out in the world and push myself out to other people and advertise myself.

Q: Awesome. Do you hope to continue to make these videos once you leave Pingree?

A: Yes, most definitely. It’s definitely going to be a focus of mine moving forward. It’s just a passion of mine. Like any sport you would play, I mean, even if you’re not gonna play basketball in college, soccer in college, you’ll find yourself, you know, every once in a while going back to pick up a ball or kick a ball around. But I think it is something I want to pursue seriously too because it has been able to make me some money and it’s been very effective for me, so yes.