Student News for Pingree School in South Hamilton, MA

The Highlander

The Highlander

The Highlander

Embracing the Endings

As seniors gear up for their final weeks as Pingree students, there is a plethora of events for them to look forward to. 

In  interviews with a handful of seniors, I learned that senior week, which leads up to commencement, is what everyone’s looking forward to the most. During senior week, events such as senior tribute night, awards ceremony, and senior prom commemorate students and all they have contributed to the community in their time at Pingree. 

Abby Torres shared she is extremely excited for senior tribute night as the community “gets to celebrate all of the seniors.” This event is special considering seniors ask a specific faculty member to share several highlights about the individual student, and as Torres mentioned, it allows students, faculty, and families to observe their hard work at Pingree. 

In addition to senior week, Caroline Gray added that she is looking forward to showing “support to her friends in their new journeys.” These final weeks at Pingree mark the end of one chapter and the beginning of o a new chapter, and Gray said she is “excited to see [her friends’] success and all the wonderful things they do next year. Similarly, Angelo Luis said that  he is enthusiastic about his senior night for the track team; however, it is going to be bittersweet as he says his “final goodbyes to his friends who also do track.”

Many seniors also shared their excitement for senior projects during the last two weeks of school. Throughout these two weeks at the end of the school year, seniors have the opportunity to explore a potential career, or they can work on a project related to civil engagement. Jordyn Theriault is doing her senior project shadowing an occupational therapist, and she shared that she is looking forward to “[getting] to explore [her] interests and a possible career path.” She also feels that “it is a great way to form new connections and…experiment with new ideas.” Theriault is also enthusiastic about the senior project fair, where the entire senior class creates a presentation explaining what they explored over the span of the two weeks.

Although seniors  will be parting ways shortly, they all came to the same conclusion that they are going to make the most of their remaining time at Pingree with their friends. With the weeks rapidly winding down, the senior class of 2024 plans to bring energy and excitement into this final stretch.